Dr. David Markham
ON BEING AN ORTHODONTIST
I am in the business of growing people: my patients, my team, and myself. I just happen to straighten crooked teeth and make beautiful smiles along the way! Working with my patients and my team every day inspires me to improve myself, to be happier and healthier with each new day, and to age gracefully. I hope to inspire the same in others.
I love working with patients of all ages and backgrounds. Each patient brings a unique set of personality traits, and I enjoy learning who they are as individuals. The conversations we have, and the laughter we share, make my days a joy.
Education & Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science, Utah State University
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, University of the Pacific, San Francisco
- Master of Science in Dentistry and Certificate in Orthodontics, Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis
An orthodontist is never done with learning. Continuing education keeps me immersed in the ever-changing field of orthodontics. This ensures my patients are receiving the best care that clinical experience, current trends and research, and modern technology have to offer. Throughout the year I participate in lectures, workshops, clinical exercises, and giving presentations and lectures to my colleagues.
- American Board of Orthodontics, Diplomat
- American Association of Orthodontists
- California Association of Orthodontists
- Edward H. Angle Society of Northern California, Affiliate Member
- Invisalign Diamond Plus Provider
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- Sacramento District Dental Society
I grew up in Brigham City, Utah, at the feet of the majestic Wasatch Range of the Rocky Mountain’s western slope. I spent my summers working in the fields of my father’s wheat farm in Northern Utah and Southern Idaho, and spent my winters skiing the “champagne powder” of many local ski resorts. For the past 20 years I’ve lived on the outskirts of Auburn, on a small mandarin farm. You can take the boy off the farm, but you can’t take the farm off the boy!
Dr. Luminita Markham is my wife, my family, and my hero. She is also a dentist, so we share the same interests and passions. We enjoy spending time together at home, at work, in continuing education, recreating, and traveling the world.
When I’m not working or studying, I tend to spend my time outdoors, being active. I enjoy working in the yard, swimming, and working out at the gym. My wife and I enjoy hiking, cross-country skiing, mountain biking, along with rock and mountain climbing. We’ve summited together Mt. Whitney, Mt. Shasta, Mt. Rainer, Mt. Kilimanjaro, Mt. Matterhorn and we trekked in the Himalayas.