At Markham Orthodontics, we understand that starting orthodontic treatment can be overwhelming at any age; that’s why we focus on and strive to provide individual and personalized care to each patient.
If you or any member of your family is looking to get braces in Gold River, our Markham Orthodontics office in Gold River is the place for you. We offer braces for children as early as age 7, teenagers, and adults of all ages.
When considering the use of braces, there are many options to choose from. During your visit to our practice, Dr. Markham will be happy to go over each choice and help you choose the best option according to your specific needs and lifestyle.
You could use a set of braces to fix some dental problems like overcrowding or jaw malalignments. We call these malalignments crossbites, underbites, and overbites. Fortunately, we can solve most of these conditions just with the appliances and a lot of patience.
To learn more about the options we offer, read below.
- Traditional Braces: These are the most common types that may come to mind when a patient hears the word Orthodontics. Although this is the most traditional type, it has some advantages over other options. Some of the advantages are: often being the least expensive of the bracketing options, and treatment with metal braces does not require the discipline of having to remove, re-wear, and maintain an aligner treatment. In addition, traditional braces are made to fix even the most difficult dental issues.
- Clear or Ceramic Braces: These braces are essentially the same as traditional metal braces, with the slight difference that the brackets are clear ceramic colored and thus are less obvious. The advantage of clear braces is the fact that they allow patients to smile more comfortably and be less self-conscious about their appearance. However, there are some disadvantages: Clear braces are more expensive because of the ceramic material, and another downside to consider is that the clear ceramic can become stained with time, hence requiring more attention and careful upkeep.
If you are looking for a permanent solution in order to achieve your desired smile, orthodontics is the right treatment for you. However, you need to be prepared. The use of braces will require what may seem tedious or excessive oral hygiene, but it’s very important to brush your teeth after every meal or snack, rinse with mouthwash, and floss at least once a day.
Inadequate care can cause food to be trapped within your braces, which can lead to plaque build-up, more time in braces, or cause unsightly staining on your teeth. Make sure to pay close attention to your orthodontist’s dietary recommendations; we want to prevent accidentally damaging your braces when you are munching on some popcorn.
Before making a decision on what type of braces to get, or if you have any questions on the extra responsibility needed to take care of your braces properly, it is important to schedule your appointment with Dr. Markham today. Or visit our office and meet our team; we will be happy to help! Check our Gold River office information below:
Gold River Orthodontic Office
David Markham, DDS, MSD
Address: 11230 Gold Express Dr,
Gold River, CA 95670
- Monday: 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM
- Tuesday: 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Wednesday: 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Saturday: By Appointment Only (8:00 AM -1:00 PM on 1 Saturday per month)
- Sunday: Closed