Do you want to straighten your teeth, but you’re not sure you want to wear metal braces? As an alternative, clear bracket braces have arrived on the orthodontic scene, offering tremendous benefits. If you have been contemplating clear bracket braces, our practice shares some of their advantages, as well as how we can help create a smile you will love to share. So, join Markham Orthodontics in Sacramento, Gold River, and Auburn, CA, as we explore orthodontic options. Dr. David Markham and his skilled orthodontic team are here, ready to help you.
To learn more, or to schedule an orthodontic consultation, give us a call at 916-635-5400. We can help you choose an option to fit your lifestyle and aesthetic preferences.
Clear Bracket Braces vs. Traditional Braces
Clear bracket braces are very similar to traditional metal braces. However, because clear braces utilize ceramic brackets and tooth-colored wires, they blend in much better than their conventional alternatives. Additionally, for complex cases, clear braces are often more effective than aligner trays. For overbites, gaps, crooked back teeth, or teeth sitting atop one another, clear bracket braces are a viable option.
Advantages of Clear Bracket Braces
Clear bracket braces provide an array of benefits and can offer the straightest teeth imaginable. Here are some of the benefits clear bracket braces offer:
- Although clear bracket braces are made similarly to traditional metal ones, their brackets are transparent, small, and virtually invisible to the eye, especially if the orthodontist uses a frosted arch wire. With this design, your clear bracket braces are discreet. Forget photos with that “metal mouth”; your clear braces will be undetectable during your treatment.
- One may think that your clear braces are not durable; nothing could be further from the truth! Believe it or not, your clear bracket braces are very tough. Even though metal is sturdier, your clear braces are designed to ensure maximum strength. At Markham Orthodontics, we use only quality materials, ensuring your clear braces will last the duration of your treatment.
- Thankfully, your clear bracket braces will not demineralize the tooth’s enamel. With ground-breaking orthodontic technology, you can be assured that your clear braces will not damage your teeth. With state-of-the-art bonding materials, they help to prevent color change as well as demineralization around the bracket. So as your teeth become straight, you will not have to worry about your tooth enamel being affected. A highly-effective adhesive will keep your braces affixed to your teeth, with no discomfort or damage to your teeth.
- The glorious day will come in which your clear bracket braces will be removed. Fortunately, the removal process should be easy. With the technological advances described previously, your clear bracket braces will easily come off of your teeth while leaving the enamel healthy and intact.
- Your clear bracket braces have a sleek design, with your comfort in mind. Most patients report minimal discomfort and a reduction in soft tissue irritation.
- Thanks to advances in technology, your clear bracket braces will not stain easily. Initially clear braces would stain after eating and drinking. The original clear braces were made of plastic and stains would adhere to them with certainty. Today, your clear bracket braces are not only clear, but less receptive to discoloration.
Contact Markham Orthodontics Today
For the straight smile you desire, you owe it to yourself to contact Dr. David Markham and discuss clear bracket braces as an option. He and our Sacramento, CA team will offer you all of the information you need to make an informed decision. Make an appointment with us online, or call us at one of our three locations. We look forward to providing you with the stellar smile you deserve!