Crooked teeth bothering you? Do you want straighter teeth and a more attractive smile? If you’re a teenager or adult, you may think that braces would destroy your sophisticated appearance. We understand!
The decision to get braces isn’t always simple, but patients today have a wide range of treatment options. If the thought of traditional metal braces makes you cringe, consider clear bracket braces. This treatment has become popular among teen and adult patients because of its durability, discreet appearance, and effectiveness.
In short, you can have straighter teeth without obvious metal braces. That’s great news.
Ready to start treatment now? Call our Auburn, Gold River, or Natomas orthodontic office today to make an appointment with Dr. David Markham. He will work with you to create a comprehensive, personalized treatment plan to give you a healthy, gorgeous smile.
At Markham Orthodontics, we offer clear bracket braces made of transparent ceramic, as well as traditional metal braces and Invisalign®. Each treatment has advantages and disadvantages. To learn more about clear ceramic braces, keep reading!
Benefits of Clear Bracket Braces
Many adults love this option because of its discreet appearance, but there are more advantages of ceramic braces.
- Effectiveness of traditional braces: Ceramic braces work like traditional braces in that each bracket is attached to a tooth, and a wire runs through the brackets. Adjusting the wire in particular areas allows us to use gentle pressure to move teeth. Metal or clear bracket braces work well for people with issues like overbite, misaligned teeth, and gapped teeth.
- Use of epoxy: The bonding adhesive for ceramic is not as harsh on tooth enamel as the adhesive required for metal braces.
- Less patient responsibility: Remembering to clean clear aligners regularly and wear them 22+ hours per day can be difficult for Invisalign patients. Because aligners are removable, they can get misplaced or inadvertently thrown away. With ceramic braces, all you need to do is maintaining good oral hygiene, and we’ll show you how.
- Comfort: Although they are made of brackets and wires like traditional braces, clear ceramic braces do not scratch and irritate the soft tissues of the mouth like metal. Patients typically don’t need to use wax as often.
Disadvantages of Clear Bracket Braces
There are only two common complaints:
- They are more expensive than traditional braces.
- They stain easily.
As for cost of clear bracket braces, we believe the benefits are worth it! We also want you to have the braces of your choice no matter the cost, so we offer payment options that suit just about any budget. To learn more about financing, call the office to talk with a member of our staff today.
There are a few things you can do to prevent clear bracket discoloration:
- Limit the amount of coffee, tea, and sodas you drink or use a straw for all dark beverages.
- Brush after meals.
- Floss after meals.
If you maintain these practices, staining is less likely.
Contact Our North Sacramento Orthodontist Offices Today
Our team at Markham Orthodontics loves to help patients achieve a healthy, beautiful smiles, and braces are one of the most effective ways we do that. If you are interested in clear bracket braces, call our office today at (916) 924-8970 to set up your appointment with Dr. Markham.