Choosing an Orthodontic practice to trust with the beauty of your smile or your child’s smile is an important decision.
Orthodontic treatment has the potential to be a long process, so you’ll want to make sure you or your child are comfortable with the doctor and staff.
Your orthodontic experience is something you’ll remember for the rest of your life, so make sure it’s something to smile about.
Ask someone you trust for a recommendation
Selecting an orthodontist may seem like a daunting task for someone who has never been through it, so it’s a great idea to ask for a recommendation from someone who has. Whether it’s a friend, co-worker, or family member, they’ll probably be more than happy to share their first-hand experience. Your general dentist is also a great resource to get a recommendation.
In order to provide excellent, comprehensive care, Dr. Markham, Dr. Chiang, and our team work closely with local general dentists, periodontists, prosthodontists, pediatric dentists, endodontists, and oral surgeons, all from whom we receive referrals.
Consider education and experience
Once you have a list of a few orthodontists, do a little research. Find out about their educational background, where they went to school, and what kinds of continuing education or specialty training they’ve had. Before you set up a consultation with an orthodontist, make sure he or she is a licensed member of the American Association of Orthodontists. This ensures that they remain up-to-date on the newest and most effective clinical procedures.
Dr. Markham is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics and an Affiliate Member of the Edward H. Angle Society of Orthodontists. He has years of experience using the finest orthodontic treatments and techniques to ensure you achieve a life-transforming smile.
Get a consultation from more than one office
Orthodontists have different treatment styles, so getting a consultation from more than one office is a great idea. Some may offer specific orthodontic treatment options or products that others may not. Compare the length of recommended treatment time with the cost of that treatment. It’s also important to feel comfortable with your orthodontist. Do they have a pleasant chairside manner? Do you feel like they’re really paying attention to your concerns? Is the staff friendly and helpful? By visiting more than one office, you’re more likely to find an orthodontist who can meet your individual needs while staying within your budget.
Here at Markham Orthodontics, the answer to all those questions is a resounding “Yes!” We believe that we offer the finest orthodontic experience in our neighborhood! And we know that perfection is never achieved, it is only pursued; we pursue that perfection with a passion!
During your complimentary consultation at our Sacramento or Auburn offices, don’t be afraid to ask questions. After all, that’s why you’re here! It’s important for you to understand what type of orthodontic issues you have and the most effective ways to treat them. The more informed you are about your own dental health, the better decisions you will be able to make.
During your complimentary initial consultation, Dr. Markham will evaluate your jaw joints, jaw bone alignment, tooth alignment, and gum tissue health. He will put together a treatment proposal, and your treatment coordinator will present a financial plan with affordable payment options.
A few things to consider:
- Who will be overseeing your treatment: the orthodontist or assistants? At Markham Orthodontics, Dr. Markham and Dr. Chiang oversee all aspects of their patients’ treatment and ensure that treatment is progressing appropriately at every visit.
- Is the office located near your home or work to make appointments as convenient as possible? With two locations in Sacramento and Auburn, Markham Orthodontics is nearby wherever you are!
- Do they offer extended office hours before or after work and school? We work hard to make scheduling appointments at our Sacramento and Auburn orthodontic offices as convenient as possible.
- What types of insurance does the office work with and what kind of financing do they offer? We work with many insurance plans that cover orthodontic treatment. In addition, Markham Orthodontics offers affordable, no-interest payment plans.
- Do the orthodontist and staff seem interested in making your experience personalized or do you feel like “just a number?” As our patient, you are the most important person in our office. We want you to enjoy your visits, so we strive to maintain a happy, fun environment, where you’re comfortable and feel at home.
Treatment at Markham Orthodontics
We know that a quality orthodontic treatment outcome takes time. The good news is that orthodontic treatment is a lot more comfortable and precise than ever before, thanks to advanced technology. We offer the best treatment that modern orthodontics has, including traditional brackets and wires, lingual braces, clear braces, and Invisalign® clear aligners.